Guidelines for Submitting Special Appeals
Special Appeals is platform we started to help caregivers with their veterinary expenses for community cats. Since 2012, we have disbursed over $400,000 towards closing these appeals.
Every year, we have helped to top up appeals that did not reach its full amount with our donation surplus. This year however, it is unlikely that our fundraising will reach its target as donations have fallen short.
Since January, we have disbursed over $70,000 to special appeals and we are still raising funds for open appeals amounting to $112,000. We encourage those with open appeals to share them with your friends and supporters to encourage people to make use of our tax benefits to help you close them before their one year expiration date.
We regret this turn of events which affects all volunteers, caregivers and rescuers. Our cats still need us and they require us to continue to help them with what resources we all still have.
Donate to Special Appeals
By providing your Tax Reference number (e.g. NRIC/FIN), the tax deduction for your donation will be automatically included in your tax assessment. You will not need to claim the deduction in your tax form.
Kindly send a donation to CWS' account:
Bank: DBS Current Account
Account number: 065 - 013507 - 8
Bank Code: 7171
Branch Code: 065
Please note that any additional amounts or untraceable amounts collected will be channeled to the oldest Open Special Appeals.
The Special Appeal cases are posted by Cat Welfare Society for caregivers. The purpose is to help them defray their expenses for community cats and encourage people to continue to help sick or injured cats.
Terms and Conditions
- Special Appeals is strictly for community cats and not for pets.
- The caregiver has helped a community cat at his or her own expense.
- All amounts requested need to be accompanied by verified receipts.
- The request to put up a Special Appeal is made only after all bills are obtained and medical treatment is completed. Once an appeal is posted, the amount requested for cannot be amended.
- Multiple postings are not allowed. Only one Special Appeal can be put up for a specific medical condition of a cat, regardless of the number of vet consultations, treatments and surgery.
- We do not allow double claim. In the event that you have already raised funds through other means/platforms for your specific appeal case, you are not qualified to ask Cat Welfare Society to set up a Special Appeal for your case.
- The request to put up a Special Appeal must be made within twelve months upon completion of the treatment.
- The maximum amount that can be sought for per appeal is SGD 750.00.
- An Open Appeal will stay open for maximum period of 12 months.
- A reimbursement form will be sent to caregiver once the appeal is closed. The donations will be paid out to caregiver within 12 weeks of receipt of the completed reimbursement form from caregiver with original receipts.
How to put up a Special Appeal
To put up a special appeal, please email the information requested below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide all of the requested information.
- A short write-up on the cat. Please include the following: - cats name (if available) - where was the cat found / cats community - what was its condition when it was found - any other information
- The name and location of the veterinary clinic where the cat(s) is receiving medical treatment (if applicable)
- The diagnosis and treatment given to the cat
- The cat’s current status (e.g. released back, fostered etc.)
- Up to 3 photos/scans (JPEG only) of the cat / situation / bills / invoices
- Clearly state the total appeal amount
It is compulsory for caregivers to provide their Full Name, IC numbers, mobile numbers, postal address and email address. These details are only for internal records, and will not be published.
All required information would need to be provided before your appeal will be posted.
Share the appeals and donate generously to help caregivers with their care of community cats!