There are many different options out there for securing your windows and gates to prevent your cat from escaping or falling out.
Check out the blog from GRILLES & GLASS that explains the various options that are available to keep cats indoors.
- Plastic mesh – Plastic mesh is the most common method as it is readily available in hardware stores and can be easily tied to existing window grills using cable ties. For larger orders of full-sized rolls, visit Lai Xin Feng & Sons Hardware at Jalan Besar or Kelantan Lane.
- Metal mesh – For more durable metal mesh, you can also visit Lai Xin Feng & Sons Hardware at Jalan Besar or Kelantan Lane with the measurements required. They have a wide range of both plastic and metal mesh. More information can be found at http://www.meshlxf.com/.For prefabricated mesh, you can visit Daiso or Wah Yew Shelving & Racks at 592 Serangoon Road. More information can be found at http://www.wahyewshelving.com/.
- Magnetic screens – Mosquito screens can also be used with the dual purpose of keeping your cat safe. More information about the screens can be found at http://www.magicseal.com.sg/ or http://www.magneticscreen.com.sg/.
- Custom grills – Many cat owners have decided to go for custom grills instead. These are normal wrought iron and alumimium grills but customised with narrower gaps. The gaps can be customised to as narrow as 1.5″. One available solution is Qittun DIY Services.
- Invisible grills – Invisible grills can be customised to a narrow gap for cat owners. More information can be found at http://www.legate.com.sg/. If we love our cats, we would not take the chance of our cat escaping to be culled or abused or to fall out of windows risking injury or death!