Cat Welfare Society has always been run by a team of volunteers who dedicate much of their free time outside of their professional work to manage the society. We have also been extremely lucky to have been headed by professional people who have chosen to take their sabbaticals with us to dedicate themselves fully.
Our volunteers are the reason we have managed to keep our operating costs very low to ensure donor funds are channeled directly towards cat welfare and saving lives. We won’t lie, the work is often not easy, but it has most certainly been rewarding and many of our volunteers have grown with us and brought back amazing experiences and skills to their professional and personal lives.
We are always on the lookout for more volunteers to inject fresh ideas to improve our operations. If you think you have something to offer, get involved and join our fight for a better future for all cats.
Here are some ways in which you can help to improve the welfare of cats in Singapore:
Community Cat Caregivers/Mediators
Caregiving is one of the most important roles in cat welfare and one that can be easily achieved with a little kindness and compassion. Community cats in our neighbourhood need us to ensure their safety and well-being.
- promote and practice responsible feeding
- ensure that the cats in the colony are all sterilised
- engage and build relationships with the community, HDB or Condo management committees and their officers
- build and nurture caregivers’ network
- report cases of abuse to SPCA, AVA and the police
The Society is constantly looking for people with passion and dedication to take on leading roles in our Society. If you have the drive and industry experience in the following areas, we would love to hear from you. Together, we can do better!
- Fundraising and Donor Management
- Marketing, Advertising and Communications
- Media and Public Relations
- IT / Website Management
- Accounting and Finance
- HR / Volunteer Management
- Legal Aid
- Education Outreach
There are several Coordinator roles that the Society requires volunteers who can commit to in the medium to long-term period (approximate one year). These roles help to ensure the smooth running of the organisation and fulfil its core objectives.
- Membership Coordinators
- Merchandise Coordinators
- Volunteer Coordinators
- Catsnip Coordinators
- Event Coordinators
- Special Appeals Coordinators
- Media and PR Coordinators
- Finance Administrators
Student and other Group Volunteers
We often need extra hands at our adoption drives and other events. Students who are seeking CIP projects can select from the following suggested projects or propose a project of your own. Please note that as Cat Welfare Society is not a shelter, we will not be able to take in volunteers interested in shelter work. Some areas you can help in:
- assist at our events for set-up and tear down, manning of booths
- participate in Flag Day for teams of more 20 students
- sell CWS merchandise in your school/workplace
- organise an event/talk in your school/workplace to raise awareness about welfare of cats